Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bigsky5829
Frequent Visitor

Expanded Values Don't Match Values in Merged Table

This is what is merged into my query:

bigsky5829_0-1624410191522.png

And this is what happens after I expand the values.  They are completely different (and wrong!)

bigsky5829_1-1624410234338.png

What could possibly be going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

Try flushing the PQ cache, or force it to refresh. You can clear the cache in the Data Load settings. It might be expanding the correct values and showing you the incorrect ones.

edhans_0-1624588459325.png

If that isn't it, then @v-yingjl is correct. Share data. There is something else going on that isn't easy to reproduce. 

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
edhans
Super User
Super User

Try flushing the PQ cache, or force it to refresh. You can clear the cache in the Data Load settings. It might be expanding the correct values and showing you the incorrect ones.

edhans_0-1624588459325.png

If that isn't it, then @v-yingjl is correct. Share data. There is something else going on that isn't easy to reproduce. 

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

I cleared the cache and I cannot reproduce the error any longer.  The data in the preview was correct; the expanded data is incorrect.  I have sanitized data and the M code I can post, but it appears just to be a caching issue.

Excellent @bigsky5829 - glad that was the issue. I rarely have to clear the cache, but it isn't never, so just remember that feature exists. Hope the rest of your project goes a bit smoother. 😁

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bigsky5829 ,

Could not reproduce it in my side. How would the rank column be created, a custom column or just in the table initially.

Could you please consider sharing a sample file or some sample data without ant sensitive information for further dsicussion so that memebers in the community could help you better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors