Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Y3_
Frequent Visitor

Error with publishing

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble publishing to power bi service, ongoing problem for 2 days now.

is it because im not a pro user? 

any solutions?

Screenshot (3).png

Thanks,

Y3_

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Y3_,

Currently, when we publish a PBIX file from Desktop, publish an Excel file to Power BI service, or upload an Excel or PBIX file through Get Data in the service, the maximum file size we can import into Power BI is 1 gigabyte. So in your scenario, please check if the .PBIX file break this limitation.

If the issue is not related to file size, please try to publish the report using Get Data in Power BI to connect to and upload a Power BI Desktop file. If issue persists, please follow below steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Create a new .PBIX file then publish it from the Power BI Desktop.

2. Where did you want to locate this published report in Power BI service? My Workspace or Group Workspace?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the replay,however im still encountering issues uploading it;

I made a mock file thats fits the size specifications,still same error;

Screenshot (8).png

I've also tried grabbing the file to my workspace from the service i also get an error

Screenshot (9).png

I'm currently undertaking a course and i need to be able to publish a file and connect a schedule refresh?

this issue has halted me from progressing any futher, its been 3 days .

If you could help solve this issue quickly it would be greatly apprecitated!

Y3_

Hi @Y3_,

Please enable desktop trace log follow File->Options and settings->Options->Diagnostics to see detail error information in log. Please share it with us if possible. Also you can use Fiddler to monitor http trace.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors