Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JakubG
Regular Visitor

Error while connecting DataSet to Excel

Hello,

I am trying to connect a DataSet to Excel by my company account. When I open a desktop Excel and choose the Power Bi source, popup shows error with information " GetTenantInfo was unsuccessful ".

JakubG_0-1686122798311.png

I Have tried relog, restart the Excel and whole PC several times without change. I Have similar rights as my colleagues, who are able to add it to Excel. When I add it via second account ( Again the same rights as mine ) and sent the Excel file with created connection to my PC, I am able to refresh the data, but adding a new DataSet stil not working.

Can someone help me with this ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JakubG 

Are you able to log in Power BI Service with the account that failed to connect to a dataset from Excel? When using this account in Power BI Service, are you able to see the dataset you want to connect to? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Hi  @v-jingzhang 

Account works perfect in Power BI workspace and desktop.

Thanks.

Hi @JakubG 

So are you able to use the Analyze in Excel feature from Power BI Service? This can also let you use a Power BI dataset in Excel. This may be a workaround. Create Excel workbooks with refreshable Power BI data - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjingzhang_0-1686643201895.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors