Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeeapkBI
Regular Visitor

Data bars

• fc30a930-c0ab-464a-abb4-b098233c91cf.png

Hi All, I was trying to apply Data Bar to my Sales, Profit or Quantity Column . When I select SALES column then I am getting the option DATA BAR however when I select the PROFIT OR QUANTITY column then I don't get the option to apply DATA BARS for those columns. Attachment is mention below. Please Help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DeeapkBI 

Please check if you have selected "Don't summarize" for Quantity and Profit columns. With "Don't summarize", they will not show "Data bars" option. Instead, select "Sum" aggregation type for them, then "Data bars" option will appear. 

vjingzhang_0-1672038979276.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Highly appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DeeapkBI 

Please check if you have selected "Don't summarize" for Quantity and Profit columns. With "Don't summarize", they will not show "Data bars" option. Instead, select "Sum" aggregation type for them, then "Data bars" option will appear. 

vjingzhang_0-1672038979276.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Highly appreciate your Kudos!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors