Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

astoz
Frequent Visitor

Custom Connector Icon Not showing in Power BI

Hi,

I am new to Power BI and built successfully my first custom connector but I am still having a slight issue, I can't get my Icon to display in PowerBI Get Data List, it is still showing the default icon. I tried to follow this thread (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Custom-Data-Connector-Icons/m-p/829327#M21204) and make sure that the properties of each icon was set to a 'build action' of 'compile' instead of 'content' in the Solution Explorer but no luck.  See my code below. Anything I am missing?

VisualStudioIcons.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astoz , 

Did you mean that you  can't view your custom connector icon in powerbi , right? If so, please check whether you Allow any extension to load without warning or validation in Option-Security in desktop. And you also need to build the project to produce an extension file, then copy the extension file into the [Documents]\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors directory. You could refer to https://github.com/Microsoft/DataConnectors  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

astoz
Frequent Visitor

I can see the connector in the list and it works fine, it is the icon I can't change. I added my custom icon but it's still showing the default blue icon that looks like a target. See screenshot for clarity

Connector icon.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors