Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vilenm
Helper II
Helper II

Need assistance with radar chart in excel to power bi

Hi

I have a challenge at hand because client wants an exact look and feel of the radar chart that was created on excel to be displayed on power bi as well. However none of the radar charts available on marketplace offer anything "exact" as per image below. I did come close to colour scales at least but there are limitations.

Options I was thinking of:

1. Way to embed live chart from excel with to Power BI but i know this can be done via a dashboard but can excel file also be refreshed on power bi as the report is connected to a live ssas model? So maybe powerpivot on excel? 

2. Render HTML from sharepoint web part that contains the live view of the chart and display on Power BI?

3. Develop a custom visual or are there custom visuals that can produce not close but offer exact formatting capabilities to achieve this. Charticulator is a great tool but struggle to develop or find a template for radar at the very least

Please assist me in achieving this much appreciated.

data for radar chartdata for radar chartradard chart display on excelradard chart display on excel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, yes , I used paginated report which has similar visuals like excel and it worked

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ahmedatef98
Frequent Visitor

Hello, Could you find any way to solve these issues? 

Hi, yes , I used paginated report which has similar visuals like excel and it worked

Thanks for sharing. I will check it.

vilenm
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Liang

Thanks for taking the time.

I tried those options no luck its either one needs to develop something like this on javascript d3 perhaps or what

I decided is  to automate the spreadsheet with the radar and deploy to onedrive/sharepoint and use html content viewer custom app to embed view to power bi using iframes but it seems like its not enabled for sharepoint as its refusing to connect to sharepoint.

thanks

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vilenm ,

there are certain items that cannot be imported from a Power Pivot model since they’re not yet supported in Power BI.

Here are some of the items that can’t be imported into Power BI:

• Scatter charts with a play axis
  • Hierarchies
  • Power View reports using a live SSAS Tabular connection
  • Connections to SSRS reports

I'm not sure if it can be realized. I failed in my attempt

Download the radar chart from here, 

See if this can help you

• KPIs
  • Binary data
  • Images are still not supported

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.