Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobHofker
Frequent Visitor

Font setting for custom visual

I am currently developing some custom visuals and I want to have settings for text. I have seen several controls where there is control used for setting the fon, size, bold, italic and underline. See screenshot.

fontsettings.png

This is exactly what I want to use. I can not find how to define this in capabilities.json nor how to implement this in the settings class.

I have googled all over the net, but can not seem to find the answer.

Is there anyone who can help me out on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RobHofker,

If this is the new format pane that's on by default in Desktop as of Feb (and assuming you're using a core visual for reference), I believe that there are no APIs for custom visual developers to mimic these layouts yet and properties will be need to be laid out like how the old pane handles them in this situation (same core visual with pane switched back to old):

dmp_0-1646953205230.png

I have also asked the team previously, but have yet to get an ETA for this.

If you're using a custom visual for your original screenshot, can you please provide which one you're using? I'm curious to see if other vendors have managed this somehow.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RobHofker
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-yiruan-msft 

It is helpful, but it is not quite what I want to achieve. It is the workaround solution, but I am trying to make it work like this:

fontsettings.png

I will try to contact the  custom visual support team

Thanks!

When they can give me the solution I will add it here as well.

Hi @RobHofker ,

Do you get any other more suitable ways to customize fonts from the custom visual support team? If so, could you please share it here if it is convenient? Then the other forum members with similar problems as yours can find the solution easily. Thanks in advance for your sharing and time.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So far it's been a deafening sound of silence. I am afraid I will never get an answer.

If and when I get an answer I will share it here.

Hi @RobHofker,

If this is the new format pane that's on by default in Desktop as of Feb (and assuming you're using a core visual for reference), I believe that there are no APIs for custom visual developers to mimic these layouts yet and properties will be need to be laid out like how the old pane handles them in this situation (same core visual with pane switched back to old):

dmp_0-1646953205230.png

I have also asked the team previously, but have yet to get an ETA for this.

If you're using a custom visual for your original screenshot, can you please provide which one you're using? I'm curious to see if other vendors have managed this somehow.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

@dm-p well that was what I expected. The option is not yet available for us as mere mortal developers 😉 but as there is a workaround I will cope.

I don't know whcih visual I used for the screenshot but I am certain that it was one of the standard ones provided by Microsoft. That was already an indication of the situation.

Thanks for the info and maybe the option will be added sometime.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobHofker ,

You can refer the following links to set the custom font style for the custom visual, hope they can help you.

Custom visual development - issue rendering font "DIN"

yingyinr_0-1646018959467.pngyingyinr_1-1646018965524.png

2. Font Size Property Unit Issue in Custom Visual

"properties": {
                "fontSize": {
                    "displayName": "Category Font Size",
                    "type": {
                        "formatting": {
                            "fontSize": true
                        }
                    }
                },

3. Custom font for Custom Visual

In addition, you can contact custom visual support team and ask for professional help.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.