Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Exporting Power BI reports using APIs and Power Automate Error 502

'We' are trying to export some Power BI reports into Power point 

It was tested successfully using a service user that has Admin access to the workspace where we have the reports

PowerAutomate.png

We have a solution that changes through time and we don’t know exactly which reports we need to export we need to have a way to dynamically export the reports.

We thought about doing this using a custom connector to iterate through the reports for the group:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/get-reports-in-group

and the calling the ...

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/export-to-file-in-group

now our issue is ...

Error 502.png

We are using Basic Authentication here using the same service user and in theory this is connected 

Has anyone tried to connect to the Power BI APIs above using basic authentication and should this work?

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

502 means internal server error.  Either there was an ephemeral issue on the server, or your request is malformed in a way that you are crashing the server.

You  say that the REST API sandbox tests work?

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

I believe so. Bearing in mind i have put this up for someone elses project work, so I would have to ask for more details

I would tell them to reconsider. The whole functionality around exports is rather fragile and not scalable for enterprise use.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

As is the way, there is no possibility of changing their minds on this one

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.