Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lizzy123
Frequent Visitor

Direct Query to Power Bi Datasets on Embedded

I've created a Power Bi Dashboard using the Direct Query to Power Bi Datasets and published to our App to share with a user. The user gets error boxes for the data, and having looked into it I've found out that using Direct Query to Power Bi Datasets isn't supported on Embedded which is what my organisation currently uses, which is why I think this isn't working- 

‘Using Power BI Embedded with datasets that include a DirectQuery connection to a Power BI datasets or Azure Analysis Services model is not currently supported.’

Does anyone know if this will be supported on Embedded soon? Or is there another way to get round this issue?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lizzy123 ,

You can check the following official documentation on using DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services, which mentions this limitation.

Using DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services

yingyinr_1-1639980904388.png

About when can support DirectQuery for Power BI datasets, maybe you can go to this feedback post below to @ the posters and add your comment in it, the related person will reply to you.

Share your thoughts on DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lizzy123 ,

You can check the following official documentation on using DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services, which mentions this limitation.

Using DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services

yingyinr_1-1639980904388.png

About when can support DirectQuery for Power BI datasets, maybe you can go to this feedback post below to @ the posters and add your comment in it, the related person will reply to you.

Share your thoughts on DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks very much for your help Rena, I have raised it on the post you suggested

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.