Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WouterBo
Helper II
Helper II

Analytics Pane not working in Developer mode?

Hi,

When using the PowerBI Service with the developer visual:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 16.24.50.png

any analytics lines I have added to the analytics pane do not work anymore:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 16.25.01.png

If I build the custom visual, or take it from my organisational visuals it does work, but I cannot properly debug any changes that way. Anyone have a solution for that?

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 16.25.39.png

Thanks,

Wouter

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WouterBo ,

Developer mode is used for testing packaged updates to custom visuals that are already published in AppSource, as Power BI always serves the published version of a known visual by default.

This switch temporarily overrides that and allows developers to confirm new functionality is packaged correctly prior to submission.

When testing or updating a visual that is already published, make sure you're using the correct version of the visual without changing the GUID. To override the AppSource version with a local file version, enable Developer mode in either Power BI Desktop, or Power BI service.

For reference:

Test a Power BI custom visual before submitting it for publication

And please make sure the environement has been configured correctly.

Set up your environment for developing a Power BI visual

You may refer to this blog to learn more about how to add Analyticss pane in custom visual.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Perhaps I should have made clear that I am a developer (which is why I posted in this sub forum).

I use the developer mode to be able to run custom visuals that I am currently developing. It allows me to use debugging tools to debug my code.

My problem is that previously I was able to create a custom visual that has the Analytics Pane. However, while in developer mode the Analytics pane no longer appears. This seems like a bug. It only appears after I build the custom visual, but that does not allow me to debug the code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors