Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AAbdelkader
Helper I
Helper I

data modeling with multiple format

Hello,

please, I need your useful ideas in how to preview a report which its value column have multiple formats. I ask that's the best data modeling to be able getting visual reports.

in recap: I ask if can I use the [Metric Name] column in  X-Axis then filter by [Week] or [Skill], or another preview that could show me the value by [Metric] or the value by [Skill]. or get a complete insight which could measure the [metric] by [Skill] and vs

The Data Model

Capture.PNG

thanks a lot,

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AAbdelkader,

From my point of view, I don't think it is a good practice to put different formats data into a single column. So I would suggest you unify the formats for the column to Decimal Number type in this scenario. The percentage(80%) and integer(66) type data is easy to be changed to decimal number type. For the Time(0:11:00) type data, you can convert it to seconds or minutes first, then change it to decimal number.Smiley Happy

The formula below to create new calculate column to unify the formats is for your reference.

Unified Column =
IF (
    Data[Metric Name] = "AHT",
    MINUTE ( Data[Sup Total] )
        + SECOND ( Data[Sup Total] ) / 60,
    VALUE ( Data[Sup Total] )
)

c1.PNGr6.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.