Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SuchCT
Helper II
Helper II

X- axis date sorting

Hello I currently have a column with dates corresponding to the first day of the week. This numbers might be repeated as there are multiple orders per week. When I try to show this dates in a graph, however, the sort uses this order and I can't find a way to change it to actually chronological.

SuchCT_0-1675438576997.png
I'd like to see Oct ´22 - Nov '22 - Dec '22 - Jan '23. So pretty much what it is right now but with january last.

I even tried changing the dats to whole numbers and then sorting, same thing happened, just puts january first as if the year didn't matter.

Can anyone offer some advice please? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SuchCT
Helper II
Helper II

I actually just had to sort that date by another column. I created a column with the same date as a number and just sorted by htat one

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SuchCT
Helper II
Helper II

I actually just had to sort that date by another column. I created a column with the same date as a number and just sorted by htat one

SuchCT
Helper II
Helper II

To clarify I don't really care if the data has to be Date or Text type, it currently is date but that can be changed.
And I can´t do a sort by column on an auxiliary column because if they drill down the data that method would break, as not every item appears every week.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.