Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web Text file issues

Hi am trying to hook my power bi to the following weather data

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/datasets/Tmax/ranked/England_SE_and_Central...

The issue i am having is what is the best way to get this into power bi. Whatever format i choose from web to text it comes in a format that doesnt allow me to put it into a table.

Any help would be great?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k Fixed the issue, i combined the year and temp together. Then once completed i split by delimited. This got around the max rows limit error

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous awesome, good to hear. Cheers!!

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k Fixed the issue, i combined the year and temp together. Then once completed i split by delimited. This got around the max rows limit error

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous use Extract by example and that will do it

parry2k_0-1644418973331.png

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k issue is, you hit the limit of maximun size of table due to how many columns there are. Can only get up to November

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.