Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

abukapsoun
Post Patron
Post Patron

Table showing same value for all

Hi, 

I have a measure calculated based on multiple formula called Value. in the same table there is country column as well. 

When I create a slicer with country, and when I change the country, the Value displayed is correct, however when I select multiple countries, it is calculating the SUM of it and displaying it at every row. 

Example 1

abukapsoun_0-1668497632953.png

Example 2

abukapsoun_1-1668497664205.png

Now This what I get when I select both of them, 

abukapsoun_2-1668497698799.png

How can I fix that?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Please check the attached pbix file whether it suits your requirement.

I changed some measures to show the numbers.

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
abukapsoun
Post Patron
Post Patron

hi @Jihwan_Kim May I ask you for one more support please? When I add the column subtotal column, it is giving me the value of last day. Is there a way where i can display the sum or country growth in the column subtotal? 

in fact now we are displaying the growth per day for each country, I am keen to add the total growth over that period of tiem in the column subtotal. 

thank you again

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how your measure is authored, but I guess it looks something like below.

new measure =
CALCULATE ( [Expressionmeasure], 'tablename'[columnname1] >= 1 )

Please try to use a keepfilters dax function and check whether it suits your requirement.

new measure =
CALCULATE ( [Expressionmeasure], KEEPFILTERS ( 'tablename'[columnname1] >= 1 ) )

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi, 

It didn't work. the columnname1 is what? is it the country column? and expressionmeasure is the value?

thanks,

Hi,

Please share your sample pbix file's link (onedrive, googledrive, dropbox, or any other link) here, and then I can try to look into it.

Thanks.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi @Jihwan_Kim 

Thank you for proposing. Here is my dataset

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-IKTlebQWjZcAJIrbQeECTkS4_puWrBP/view?usp=share_link

Looking forward 🙂

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the link. I just checked and the link needs access code.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi,

Please check the attached pbix file whether it suits your requirement.

I changed some measures to show the numbers.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

I Can't thank you enough!!! It is working as expected! 

One last thing if possible, How can I sort the table to show the highest RoDiff during this day? 

I tried the sorting option but it doesn't look correct

abukapsoun_0-1668507831884.png

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood correctly your last question, but please check the attached pbix file whether it suits your requirement.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

IT WORKS LIKE CHARM!! Thank you very much! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.