Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Eliot4
Frequent Visitor

Summarized values are wrong but grand total is correct

Hello, I have a measure which calculates the FTE (Sum of column25 divide by max value of a Column (Column59) : 

FTE = DIVIDE(
    SUM('Database (2)'[Column25]),
    CALCULATE(MAX('Database (2)'[Column59]), ALL('Database (2)'))
)

I have another measure which calculates all the FTE out of the Top 10 values of FTE : 
Outside TOP10_2 = [FTE] - SUMX(
    KEEPFILTERS(
        TOPN(10, ALL('Database (2)'[Column23]), [FTE])
    ),
    [FTE]
)

(The Column23 is my "Client" Column)
In my case, the FTE measure total is : 266,3 and the sum of the values out of the top10 FTE is : 114,38
In a table, I have two columns, the FTE measure and a column of regional code (Column11). For this case, the summarized values AND the grand total are correct : Eliot4_0-1679853853450.png

But, when i replace the FTE measure by the outside_top10 measure : all the summarized values are incorrect (all 0) but the grand total remains correct : 114,38 : 

Eliot4_1-1679853978752.png

Do you know how to solve this ? 

5 REPLIES 5
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data, explain the question and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

My column 25 is composed of numbers which can be negative and sometimes cells are blank : 

Eliot4_1-1679900871224.png

The column23 is a column with client name. Of course, the same client is present in different lines with different values for the column25 (positive, negative, blank). The interesting thing I noticed is that no matters the other column I'm adding with the measure "Outside TOP2", the summarized values are wrong (either it shows 0 for all values either it shows not all values aggregate). With the measure [FTE], everything works fine (summarized values, you can see the sum of values by regional code is 266) but with the other measure, only the grand total is correct

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Eliot4 , Try like

Outside TOP10_2 =
Sumx(values('Database (2)'[Column23]),
calculate(
[FTE] - SUMX(
KEEPFILTERS(
TOPN(10, ALL('Database (2)'[Column23]), [FTE])
),
[FTE]
)))

Sir I think your formule is close to be the right one but the blank cells in Column25 is is setting the sum equal to 0 each time one line with a regional code has a blank cells in Column25 !

The summarized values (i.e FTE outside top 10 by region code) are still incorrect 😣 (all showing 0) but grand total remain correct 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.