Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pdovala

Sum column values based on todays date or today()

Hi Need help please, i have a table with dates as columns and planned values in rows and want to add row values based on today(), can i please get help how to get that measure in DAX.table.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pdovala 

You're not going to be able to accomplish what you need with your data like that.  I'd suggest modifying the table structure in Power Query to unpivot the dates so your table instead has two fields: Date and Value/Amount.  Once you do that, this should be pretty easy.

CALCULATE(
	SUM([Value/Amount]),
	[Date] = TODAY()
)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
pdovala

Thank you for your quick response, but what I am looking for is, I have actual test execution values in one column and I have planned test execution on daily basis in order to compare between both i need to fetch the planned column values on daily basis and do the % progress. if you have a simpler way to fetch based on today() will help pl.

Hi @pdovala can you provide some sample data?

I have planned execution in one table and i have actual execution data coming from source as team execute test cases i want to create report in Power BI to show similar table which i am sharing from excel.

test2.JPG

@pdovala can you provide data either in an Excel or Power BI file so I don't have to retype everything?  Drop it into OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox and share a link

not able to attach excel, sorry. even my one drive I am not able to share. Appreciate it if you can pl help. As mentioned all I am looking for is to retrieve column values if the column date is current. 

@pdovala 

You pasted raw data that looked like this in your original question

littlemojopuppy_0-1645997736153.jpeg

And you pasted what seems to be finished data that looks like this in a reply to "data please"

littlemojopuppy_1-1645997795430.jpeg

There's no mention of Track in the original raw data.  Or how baseline relates to tracks or date performance.  I don't think this would be terribly difficult but I need to understand the data I'd be working with to help you to avoid the inevitable back and forth about "my data is like this" or "I need..."  All you'd have to do is paste some data into Excel and put that file onto OneDrive, Google Drive or your choice of storage.  And paste a link so someone can download.

There's a note at the top of every forum about how to get your question answered quickly and sharing data, even if dummy/mocked up, is part of that.

Hi,

Please find the attached data link, i have 2 tabs in excel (1. Reporting testing and 2nd is daily plan) based on todays date the "Daily plan" column in Report testing tab should be updated from Daily plan tab. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10I8IzkxNvW5wCaU7L41EHZTNu0hIPOw0/view?usp=sharing

littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pdovala 

You're not going to be able to accomplish what you need with your data like that.  I'd suggest modifying the table structure in Power Query to unpivot the dates so your table instead has two fields: Date and Value/Amount.  Once you do that, this should be pretty easy.

CALCULATE(
	SUM([Value/Amount]),
	[Date] = TODAY()
)

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.