Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arslan7861

Stacked Product Count

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to figure this out but am getting nowhere. I have a dataset with customers and the products each customer is using. What I need is for get a count of what customer is using which product?

Ex.  Dataset has 5 Customers - Customer A is using products 1 and 2, Customer B is using products 2, 4, 5, Customer C is using products 1, 3, 4, 5, Customer D is using product 1, Customer E is using product 1, 2, 4, 5.

I want to be able to show how many customers are using one product, two products, 3 products, etc.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @arslan7861 

Measure can't make slicers, Column can. You can try the following methods.

Count Product = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Product]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Customer]))

vzhangti_0-1679366878560.png

Measure:

Count Client = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Customer]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Count Product]))

vzhangti_1-1679367026485.png

vzhangti_2-1679367053720.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

Count= DISTINCTCOUNT('table'[product])& "-"& calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('table'[product]),allselect(client))

After creating the measure, I was able to get the number of products each client is using!

Is there a way to add a slicer for this? If I click 2, it'll show me how many clients are using 2 products? If I click 4, it'll show me how many clients are using 4 products?

Hi, @arslan7861 

Measure can't make slicers, Column can. You can try the following methods.

Count Product = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Product]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Customer]))

vzhangti_0-1679366878560.png

Measure:

Count Client = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Customer]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Count Product]))

vzhangti_1-1679367026485.png

vzhangti_2-1679367053720.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

arslan7861

I am able to get the disticnt count of product, which is 5; however, what I need is of the 5 products, how many is each customer using?

Customer A is using 3 of 5

Customer B is using 2 of 5

Customer C is using 1 of 5

Customer D is using 4 of 5

How do I get this measure?

Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

1) product column insert into rows
2) write down the measure as follows:

Count= DISTINCTCOUNT('Таблица'[Клиенты]) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.