Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sbedford
Regular Visitor

Secondary Y-axis - Equal the properties of the first Y-axis

I am utilizing a Line and clustered column visualization and I am needing the secondary Y-axis to equal the properties of the first Y-axis, even as the data Auto-changes for the clustered columns.  The reason is because the line data (the dot below) doesn't change.  It is the goal we're trying to achieve.  So any time the Y-axis auto changes for the clustered columns I need the secondary Y-axis to change with it.  Otherwise, the dot keeps it's own properties and doesn't align with the clustered column properties and just doesn't work.

As a work around, I have manually changed the end data for both Y-axises from Auto to the same number on both so that they align, but then when data changes, I have to then go in and update this every time.  So I am trying to get away from having to manually do that and just hope that I can somehow setup the Secondary Y-axis to take on the properties of the first axis.

Snag_1081d57.png

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sbedford ,

Would you please click Revert to default firstly and check the  Show secondary and uncheck the Show secondary:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @sbedford 

Click on your chart, and go to the chart's Format tab. Expand the Y Axis dropdown and scroll down. You will see "Show Secondary". Turn that off. If it is already off by default, turn it on and then turn it back off. 

darentengmfs_0-1611097263230.png

If my answer helped, please accept it as a solution!

Thank you for the reply, however, that is already turned off.  What I am meaning is that when they are set to Auto, I need the secondary axis data points to match the first axis.

See below.  The 130M dot from the secondary axis needs to be way down low where the yellow arrow is pointing, but instead it's creating it's own axis parameters which do not align with the original axis.  And it's making the chart not make sense.

Snag_14ee3a0.png

@sbedford 

I understand that when you look at it at first, it is set to "off". But I believe there is a small glitch in the chart that, although it is off, it is actually on unless you turn it on, then off. Please try toggling to to "On", then back to "Off".

As you can see in my example, my Show Secondary is turned off, but it is still showing

darentengmfs_0-1611098235869.png

Once I turned it on, then turned it off again, it is now working.

darentengmfs_1-1611098273988.png

Hmmm.  Mine isn't doing that when I turn it off and back on. 🤔

@sbedford 

Can you upload an example of your PBIX file?

Hi @sbedford ,

Would you please click Revert to default firstly and check the  Show secondary and uncheck the Show secondary:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi

It works perfectly on my side. The great thing is that it only shows 1 axis. When I make the secondary axis visible then it doesn't work. 

Thank you

Cheers

That worked!  Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.