Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh limits

Hello.

The scheduled refresh limit is 8 refreshs/day.

Is there a problem if i refresh manually more than 8 times per day? I set a little click macro to refresh every 30 minutes..

I can't pay the price for premium just for refreshing more than 8 times per day, it's too much. I don't need the extra capacity, i'm a sole PowerBI user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

You can manually refresh more than 8 times a day. Power BI puts a limit on refresh schedule because you are using the share capacity with other people. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MjoGehri
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I just upgraded to Premium per Use, but my scheduled refresh are still 8 per day, should i do something to get the 48?

Hey @MjoGehri ,

you also have to assign the workspace to a PPU capacity.
Be aware, that as soon as the workspace is assigned to a PPU capacity only user that have a PPU license assigned will be able to access the content of that workspace.

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Amazin, thank you Tom!

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I just stumbled over this thread.

Please read this carefully:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#data-refresh

It is also important to call out that the daily refresh limitation applies to both, scheduled and on-demand refreshes combined.

This means it's that simple, you have to stick to

• 8times a day if you are on Power BI Pro
  • 48times a day if you are on Power BI Premium

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom, 

I just upgraded to Premium per Use, but my scheduled refresh are still 8 per day, should i do something to get the 48?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi@TomMartens ,

This detail was due to an errata in the page you have referred to and has been cleaned up.

To qualify the extract now reads:

It is also important to call out that the shared-capacity limitation for daily refreshes applies to both scheduled refreshes and API refreshes combined. You can also trigger an on-demand refresh by selecting Refresh Now in the dataset menu, as the following screenshot depicts. On-demand refreshes are not included in the refresh limitation.

The errata is referenced here: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerbi-docs/issues/1604

Hope tjis helps clear things up.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

You can manually refresh more than 8 times a day. Power BI puts a limit on refresh schedule because you are using the share capacity with other people. 

Does that mean 8 refreshes per day per user? Or is it per dataset per day? For example, I have a shipping schedule that I want to refresh every hour starting at 8am everyday (8 refreshes total). What if, I have another report for Invoices that I want to run every 2 hours (4 refreshes total). Does this go over the scheduled refresh limit for a Pro user? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It's per dataset

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.