Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh limits

Hello.

The scheduled refresh limit is 8 refreshs/day.

Is there a problem if i refresh manually more than 8 times per day? I set a little click macro to refresh every 30 minutes..

I can't pay the price for premium just for refreshing more than 8 times per day, it's too much. I don't need the extra capacity, i'm a sole PowerBI user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

You can manually refresh more than 8 times a day. Power BI puts a limit on refresh schedule because you are using the share capacity with other people. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MjoGehri
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I just upgraded to Premium per Use, but my scheduled refresh are still 8 per day, should i do something to get the 48?

Hey @MjoGehri ,

you also have to assign the workspace to a PPU capacity.
Be aware, that as soon as the workspace is assigned to a PPU capacity only user that have a PPU license assigned will be able to access the content of that workspace.

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Amazin, thank you Tom!

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I just stumbled over this thread.

Please read this carefully:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#data-refresh

It is also important to call out that the daily refresh limitation applies to both, scheduled and on-demand refreshes combined.

This means it's that simple, you have to stick to

• 8times a day if you are on Power BI Pro
  • 48times a day if you are on Power BI Premium

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom, 

I just upgraded to Premium per Use, but my scheduled refresh are still 8 per day, should i do something to get the 48?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi@TomMartens ,

This detail was due to an errata in the page you have referred to and has been cleaned up.

To qualify the extract now reads:

It is also important to call out that the shared-capacity limitation for daily refreshes applies to both scheduled refreshes and API refreshes combined. You can also trigger an on-demand refresh by selecting Refresh Now in the dataset menu, as the following screenshot depicts. On-demand refreshes are not included in the refresh limitation.

The errata is referenced here: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerbi-docs/issues/1604

Hope tjis helps clear things up.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

You can manually refresh more than 8 times a day. Power BI puts a limit on refresh schedule because you are using the share capacity with other people. 

Does that mean 8 refreshes per day per user? Or is it per dataset per day? For example, I have a shipping schedule that I want to refresh every hour starting at 8am everyday (8 refreshes total). What if, I have another report for Invoices that I want to run every 2 hours (4 refreshes total). Does this go over the scheduled refresh limit for a Pro user? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It's per dataset

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.