Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Reply
ronnie_roberts
Frequent Visitor

Published report different than local report

I have a report I run that includes a high-level table at the top with statuses at the Initiative level.  Below that is a table that includes the risks that appear at the Project level (it also filters if they click a row in the top table to only display the appropriate initative's projects in the lower table).  This works perfectly on my local Power BI file (image 2).  However, each time I publish the file to our Power BI instance, the lower table does not populate (image 1).  I researched this previously and found that the issue was likely due to an error in the Dataset, so I deleted the dataset (which in turn deleted the report) and reposted it and it worked.  This morning I noticed the same thing happened again.  Each time I delete this report I have to contact our CFO to ensure she's using the latest link, which is not something I'd like to make a habbit of.

 

Does anyone have any ideas why the lower table is not able to populate after publishing the report?

 

Power BI Report.png

Power BI Local.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ronnie_roberts
Frequent Visitor

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but rather than deleting the data source and republishing a report, I created a new report page within the Power BI report and recreated the report page that wasn't working correctly.  I then deleted the old report page.  The URL didn't change, and the bottom table is now showing the correct data.

 

This is a workaround rather than a fix in case some other poor sap has the same problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ronnie_roberts
Frequent Visitor

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but rather than deleting the data source and republishing a report, I created a new report page within the Power BI report and recreated the report page that wasn't working correctly.  I then deleted the old report page.  The URL didn't change, and the bottom table is now showing the correct data.

 

This is a workaround rather than a fix in case some other poor sap has the same problem.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @ronnie_roberts ,

 

try resetting the filters in the service through clicking on this icon.

 

Idrissshatila_0-1690914558419.png

.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!




Thank you for your feedback.  I had no slicers/filters active, so I added them and then clicked that icon.  This did not solve the issue.  For added context, if I have other people access the report, they too cannot see anything in the lower table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.