Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Reply

Published report different than local report

I have a report I run that includes a high-level table at the top with statuses at the Initiative level.  Below that is a table that includes the risks that appear at the Project level (it also filters if they click a row in the top table to only display the appropriate initative's projects in the lower table).  This works perfectly on my local Power BI file (image 2).  However, each time I publish the file to our Power BI instance, the lower table does not populate (image 1).  I researched this previously and found that the issue was likely due to an error in the Dataset, so I deleted the dataset (which in turn deleted the report) and reposted it and it worked.  This morning I noticed the same thing happened again.  Each time I delete this report I have to contact our CFO to ensure she's using the latest link, which is not something I'd like to make a habbit of.

 

Does anyone have any ideas why the lower table is not able to populate after publishing the report?

 

Power BI Report.png

Power BI Local.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but rather than deleting the data source and republishing a report, I created a new report page within the Power BI report and recreated the report page that wasn't working correctly.  I then deleted the old report page.  The URL didn't change, and the bottom table is now showing the correct data.

 

This is a workaround rather than a fix in case some other poor sap has the same problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but rather than deleting the data source and republishing a report, I created a new report page within the Power BI report and recreated the report page that wasn't working correctly.  I then deleted the old report page.  The URL didn't change, and the bottom table is now showing the correct data.

 

This is a workaround rather than a fix in case some other poor sap has the same problem.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @ronnie_roberts ,

 

try resetting the filters in the service through clicking on this icon.

 

Idrissshatila_0-1690914558419.png

.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!




Thank you for your feedback.  I had no slicers/filters active, so I added them and then clicked that icon.  This did not solve the issue.  For added context, if I have other people access the report, they too cannot see anything in the lower table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.