Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

juancmr1

Problem with order of rows from query editor to apply changes

Hi,
I am new in Power Bi,  In my query editor I have  independent columns for date(dd/mm/yyyy) and time(HH:mm:ss) and other data. In the query editor my data is ordered chronologically. (example of my columns data headers:
Date                Time         ItemID                         DataValue1
17/03/2019      00:00:11  4B2E71BED93272CB    93.9477

When I close and apply changes the orders of the rows changes (I got mixed order in date and time rows). I need the data in cronollogical order so when I am ploting using scater chart the data is displayed in cronological order.

1.How can I do so when I close&apply changes in the query the order I have in the rows doesnt change?

2. I have tried to apply ordering filter options for the colums date and time in the power Bi desktop (after applying changes in the query editor) but since I have different colums for date and time I can not do that. Any recomendation??

3. My intention is to use scatter chart:
x-Axis: ItemNumber ( in cronological order with respect day and time-same order I have in my query editor data)
y-Axis: The corresponding DataValue1

thanks and looking forward to getting some help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rocky09
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try this, in the report view, select the Date field and then go to modeling and then Sort By then select Item Number.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rocky09
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try this, in the report view, select the Date field and then go to modeling and then Sort By then select Item Number.

Thank you for your answer, it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.