Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

AtchayaP
Helper V
Helper V

Power query

Importing data from excel to powerbi 

there is a column name called cases target in excel it shows sum as as 1780546 

But in power query it shows as 1780664 

though I changed data type cases  target to int 

as per image 

 till the reordered column steps it shows as 1780546 as in excel after the reordered column step just changed data type to int 

but it sums  as 1780664 

what is the reason ? 

image.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AtchayaP ,

Please check if your raw data (data in the data source EXCEL) is of type Int, if they are not of type int but were converted to integer during the connection to power bi, then it may cause the problem you describe, try changing the data type in power bi to decimal number and see if the result changes.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

before you changed the data type to int were there any decimal values that have been rounded?

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Can you reply me 

yes there were decimal point as 1780545.9999999907 after that changed to int and shows as 1780664

Not sure why it has rounded so much, do you have a copy of the PBI file i can take a look at?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.