Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GrahamKnowles
Resolver I
Resolver I

Page navigation buttons with RLS

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to use page navigation buttons in conjunction with RLS?

Here's my scenario, I'm working on a report which covers performance against KPIs/Targets for our commercial teams which calculates their % commision earnings.  This covers multiple teams (Direct and Indirect Sales teams in different geographies, Pre-Sales, Professional Services and MArketing) and each team has multiple members.

There is a wide range of targtets to report on and many individuals have unique metrics.  As such i want to have a report page for each individual.

Now i know i can use RLS to prevent access to certain datapoints (so each individual can only see metrics which relate to them) but this then leaves a published App which has far too many pages to be easily useable.

Using Page navigation buttons i know it's possible to hide all pages from navigation except a home page, but still navigate to these hidden pages with page navigation set on buttons.

So, can i somehow use RLS on buttons, so my homepage only displays the correct page navigateion button (i.e. the button for the user viewing the report) and hide all other buttons?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Urvikagupta9

Hi @GrahamKnowles Did you got a solution for this, let me know if yes.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GrahamKnowles ,

There are alternative solutions, which is essentially to make different reports to users.

https://radacad.com/share-different-visual-pages-with-different-security-groups-in-power-bi 

You can also vote for this idea to improve Power Bi.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16059178-page-tab-level-security 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @V-lianl-msft 

I'm not sure this gives me exactly what I need for this scenario - but can certainly see how i could use this in slightly different circumstances - will undoubtedly use this at some point 🙂

Kind Regards

Graham

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not believe so, you would have to create a bookmark and button for each person.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks @Greg_Deckler , that's what I thought/feared

Sorry! 😞

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.