Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raj2410
Helper I
Helper I

Need Support with Customizing Table visual.

Hi Need some help.

These are my Slicers and I have made sure that my slicer don't interface or intract with my visual.

Raj2410_0-1679680453954.png

This is my visual -1 created for the year 2023.

Raj2410_1-1679680495639.png

The data for April to Dec exist in my table but as we are in Month of MArch  I want to present only data from Jan -March.

I do want to keep the April to Dec headers but I want them to stay blank. Then in April I want the data for April to start showing.

Also at the end of table in YTD I want the table to calculate only Jan Feb and March only for now and when we get to April.

I want the YTD to change to calculating Jan to April.

This below visual is something I want to achieve.

Please suggest.

Raj2410_2-1679680819705.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Raj2410
Helper I
Helper I

I THHINK THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO - HIDE VALUES UNDERS SPECIFIC COLOUMNS IN MATRIX TABLE VISUAL BUT KEEP COLOUMN HEADER.

Raj2410_0-1679683525826.png

View solution in original post

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Raj2410 ,
For hiding data from April to December, you can use conditional formatting on font-color such that if month > month(today()), then font-color = white. This will enable overlay of white font with white background and hence the data would be present in the table but it will not be visible to the users.

As for the 2nd query of showing only data till March only for totals, that is something that might not be possible in Power BI at present on a default. 
As a work-around, you can create a month named "Total" and show it on the table. Make sure from backend itself that this "Total" has sum of Jan to March in it.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

@Raj2410 I think something like putting an IF at the end of your measure like IF(MAX('Date'[Date]) > TODAY(), BLANK(), [Measure])

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

4 REPLIES 4
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Raj2410 ,
For hiding data from April to December, you can use conditional formatting on font-color such that if month > month(today()), then font-color = white. This will enable overlay of white font with white background and hence the data would be present in the table but it will not be visible to the users.

As for the 2nd query of showing only data till March only for totals, that is something that might not be possible in Power BI at present on a default. 
As a work-around, you can create a month named "Total" and show it on the table. Make sure from backend itself that this "Total" has sum of Jan to March in it.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Raj2410
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak  @Greg_Deckler  Can you suggest.

@Raj2410 I think something like putting an IF at the end of your measure like IF(MAX('Date'[Date]) > TODAY(), BLANK(), [Measure])

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Raj2410
Helper I
Helper I

I THHINK THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO - HIDE VALUES UNDERS SPECIFIC COLOUMNS IN MATRIX TABLE VISUAL BUT KEEP COLOUMN HEADER.

Raj2410_0-1679683525826.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.