Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ZSF0003
Helper I
Helper I

Measure Values Measure Names Matrix Viz

I'm relatively new to PowerBI but pretty fluent in Tableau. Is there a way of splitting different numeric values onto rows over time like this:

ZSF0003_0-1679422233624.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In the settings area for "Values" enable the toggle "Show on rows"

View solution in original post

in the Values area of the visual you can click the dropdown next to the measure and "Rename for this visual"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ZSF0003
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed. 

Sorry for the followup but how do I change the title of the column titles? Where I might see "Sum of Revenue" and "Count of Sales Orders"

in the Values area of the visual you can click the dropdown next to the measure and "Rename for this visual"

Thanks again! Hey, I have a value that I want to format with commas. I highlighted the field in the Data tab and formatted with the format tab. When the value enters the viz as a SUM, the formatting is correct but when I change the value to a Distinct Count I lose formatting. Any idea how to fix it?

a distinct count with commas? really? What locale uses that?

Anyway , read about the FORMAT DAX function.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In the settings area for "Values" enable the toggle "Show on rows"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.