Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

spv
Frequent Visitor

Line chart with colored zones

Hi everyone,

I am creating a report about comparing the actual data with some reference zones. 

In specific, I would like to create the below chart in Power BI where I have already calculated the lower lines of each reference zone per year as well as the Actual Data per year. However, I could not find the way to implement this. Could you please suggest how I could go about it?

spv_0-1646387335094.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spv
Frequent Visitor

I found a roundabout on how to solve it. I created an Area Chart only for the Zones which was send to the background and on top of it I added a Line Chart for the Data. It took some time for fine tuning in order for both chart to work 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spv
Frequent Visitor

I found a roundabout on how to solve it. I created an Area Chart only for the Zones which was send to the background and on top of it I added a Line Chart for the Data. It took some time for fine tuning in order for both chart to work 

spv
Frequent Visitor

Hi Amit, no this does not help. Any other suggestions?

Hi, @spv 

You can add an image as a background for this line chart. (format pane->Plot area->add iamge)

11.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thank you for your reply. I had thought about that but unfortunately it does not apply to my dashboard as the borders of the zones change depending on the filters chosen.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@spv , I dobut that visual. You can check Area visual if that can help

Also, check if charticulator can help  https://charticulator.com/docs/using-in-power-bi.html

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.