Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gerget
Frequent Visitor

Integrating current exchange rate on Power BI

Dear all,

I would like to integrate current exchange rate conversion in Power BI.

I have sales data on EUR and TNE currency. My objective is to convert TNE to EUR based on the exchange rate of the particular date.

so, that the sales amount will be accurate based on the transaction date in EUR.

I already create the dashboard which is automatically refreshed. But dut the fixed exchange rate the sales amount is not accurate.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gerget

5 REPLIES 5
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @gerget

After my research, you could try this way:

Step1:

Get data from a current exchange rate website. The column must include ( Date, current, rate) like this:

5.JPG

Note: this is just virtual data and website is chosen by you.

Step2:

Add a Ismaxdate column for current exchange rate table.

Ismaxdate = IF('current exchange rate'[Date]= CALCULATE(MAX('current exchange rate'[Date]),FILTER('current exchange rate','current exchange rate'[Currency]=EARLIER('current exchange rate'[Currency] ))),"yes","no")

Note: if you get the data that date is beyond today, you could filter date that is before today in Edit Queries.

Step3:

Add a lastest current exchange rate for data table by this formula

lastest current exchange rate = CALCULATE(MAX('current exchange rate'[Rate]),FILTER('current exchange rate','current exchange rate'[Currency]='Table'[Currency]&&'current exchange rate'[Ismaxdate]="yes"))

6.JPG

Step4:

Now you could add a new value column

NEW Value = 'Table'[Value]*'Table'[lastest current exchange rate]

Step5:
You could set schedule refresh for current exchange rate table and when it refresh completed, the result will be refresh too.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Since the exchange rate keeps changing by date, create a table with date and new exchange rate columns. Connect your new table with the original table using date as a key. Then, create measure to multiply your sale with the exchange table in the new table. 

gerget
Frequent Visitor

Dear Omega,

Is there any method to get the exchange rate daily from any website that can be integrated on Power BI? So that the dashboard created on the Power BI service can be automatically refreshed with the new exchange rate.

My problem was, I have a date column and sales amount Column in TNE currency. Based on the date, new rows are calculated with the new exchange rate.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Gerget

Did you ever find a solution to your question?

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry, but I'm not a finance expert. One way is to connect to a data source that has the exchange rate, which you need to find, and in the Power BI service, you can schedule a daily refresh to pull the latest data from exchange rate source. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.