Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inserting streaming data into a static table

Hello Community ,
I have a requirement where i am using an api and it gives me a data of current date. What i was thinking that is there a way that i can insert these rows into a table .it's like copying the data of a streaming table  and inserting/appending it to a static table.

For example my api gives me a current day data and it comes to the streaming table and then i will send this data to my static table, Next day the api triggers again and truncate my streaming table and inserts that day's data and i want it to append in my static table so that i can have 2 days of data and so on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already used dataflow approach, what it does is it truncates the streaming table data and insert the new data which then i append it to another historical table.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not the way powerbi works "normally", you can't have streaming data "pushed in". 
You can however use streaming dataset: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming

which however is a entirely differnet application and does not involve PowerBI Desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

The api that i am using is not streaming ,it just gives me 1 record each day of that particular day,I just need to keep appending everyday records in 1 table to create an historical table

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a difficult scenario to work in a direct connection API->PowerBi. You probably need a layer in between to store this data in a database and then read all the rows in PBI.

Remember that PBI works (typically) in "full load" everytime. You can't have "here is a piece of the new data, keep the old and add this". I've never used them but maybe dataflows might help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already used dataflow approach, what it does is it truncates the streaming table data and insert the new data which then i append it to another historical table.

@Anonymous ,

Is the last solution you have provided resolved your issue. Or you are still looking for a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.