Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inserting streaming data into a static table

Hello Community ,
I have a requirement where i am using an api and it gives me a data of current date. What i was thinking that is there a way that i can insert these rows into a table .it's like copying the data of a streaming table  and inserting/appending it to a static table.

For example my api gives me a current day data and it comes to the streaming table and then i will send this data to my static table, Next day the api triggers again and truncate my streaming table and inserts that day's data and i want it to append in my static table so that i can have 2 days of data and so on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already used dataflow approach, what it does is it truncates the streaming table data and insert the new data which then i append it to another historical table.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not the way powerbi works "normally", you can't have streaming data "pushed in". 
You can however use streaming dataset: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming

which however is a entirely differnet application and does not involve PowerBI Desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

The api that i am using is not streaming ,it just gives me 1 record each day of that particular day,I just need to keep appending everyday records in 1 table to create an historical table

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a difficult scenario to work in a direct connection API->PowerBi. You probably need a layer in between to store this data in a database and then read all the rows in PBI.

Remember that PBI works (typically) in "full load" everytime. You can't have "here is a piece of the new data, keep the old and add this". I've never used them but maybe dataflows might help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already used dataflow approach, what it does is it truncates the streaming table data and insert the new data which then i append it to another historical table.

@Anonymous ,

Is the last solution you have provided resolved your issue. Or you are still looking for a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.