Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThuHue_Duong

How to format a column with the comma separator in a matrix table on Power BI desktop

Hi there,

I'm using Power BI desktop version Feb-2023. Both of Power BI region and my computer region are English(UK). When creating a matrix table, I got a problem with setting thousand separator. As you can see in the table, the "sum of tripdurationInMinute" has comma separators, while the "count of tripduration" doesn't. The "tripdurationInMinute" column is calculated by the formula: tripdurationInMinute = tripduration/60. How can I change the format of the "count of tripduration" column to get comma separators?

ThuHue_Duong_0-1678271739506.png

Thanks in advance,

Hue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ThuHue_Duong 

You can change the format of the measure by clicking on the measure, then navigate to the Column Tools tab, and in the format pane select the comma. (The same as my first comment)

Then you must use the measure in your visual.

Here is an example of what it looks like, with the count of  the column (no commas) and the count as a measure (has commas):

HughLa_0-1678278198218.png

Hope this helps you.

Hugh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ThuHue_Duong

Hi @Gowtham_Selvam and @HughLa

In my dataset, there is the "tripduration" column, not the "count of the tripduration" column. I navigated to data view and clicked on the comma to change the format of the "tripduration" column before creating the matrix table. That is the picture of the visualization of the matrix table. In the values field, I choose "count" as the calculation, so I get the "count of tripduration" column in the matrix table.

ThuHue_Duong_0-1678274210097.png

Best regards,

Hue

I see, sorry I misread that. 

You can create a new measure that calculates the count of the tripduration, then change the formatting of the measure.

Regards

Hugh

Hi @HughLa 

How can I change the formatting of the measure? The measure column is not on the table.

Best regards,

Hue

Hi @ThuHue_Duong 

You can change the format of the measure by clicking on the measure, then navigate to the Column Tools tab, and in the format pane select the comma. (The same as my first comment)

Then you must use the measure in your visual.

Here is an example of what it looks like, with the count of  the column (no commas) and the count as a measure (has commas):

HughLa_0-1678278198218.png

Hope this helps you.

Hugh

Hi @HughLa 

I got it. Thank you very much.

Best regard,

Hue

Gowtham_Selvam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Go to Data view ----> Click that count of tripduration column and go to formatting then click comma to display values in comma format.

If I answered your question,kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks,

GS

HughLa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @ThuHue_Duong 

When you select your measure in the fields pane, the Column Tools tab will appear. In there you can change the formatting of the column.

You can click on the comma in the formatting section to have it comma seperated.

HughLa_0-1678272911555.png

Hugh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.