Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bcap01
Helper II
Helper II

How to create data security based on User

Hello,

Does PowerBI have the ability to identify a user that can be passed through a dataset to show only relevant data and hide data we do not want them to see dynamically?

For example, lets say we have a table of all Managers and would like to generate a list of all direct reports to the Manager only.  The Managers would be able to see their Staff only.  The next Manager who clicks on the page from their machine would see their own staff only.

PowerBI.png

Is there a way to do this with PowerBI?  If yes, what method is best practice?  And can AD values be passed and used to help make decisions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
jspwilli
Helper I
Helper I

Hi bcap, yeah the same solution will still work 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bcap01
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you, this article helps!  Now, what if I want to create another level of security for the same report.  for example, if I would like the Director to see all Managers that belong to him/her?  Is this still RLS?  Or do I need to consider another approach?

Hi bcap, yeah the same solution will still work 🙂

jspwilli
Helper I
Helper I

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.