Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DobyMick5
Employee
Employee

How to create a task management visual.

My dataset includes a bunch of tasks with task state 'Done' or 'Not Done'. I want a visual that will show 100% and progress towards 100%. 

I'm struggling to find how to represent 100%. Should I create a new column and have each value = 'Done' then count that and use it as my 100%? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
novicepbixer
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

If you just need a measure you could always use the COUNTROWS function. Then put it on a 100% bar chart like below. Then use your done or Not Done column as the legend.

novicepbixer_0-1677510548711.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DobyMick5
Employee
Employee

@novicepbixer thank you so much! The gauge looks great but the bar chart is exactly what I needed. Thank you for the prompt response!

novicepbixer
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

If you just need a measure you could always use the COUNTROWS function. Then put it on a 100% bar chart like below. Then use your done or Not Done column as the legend.

novicepbixer_0-1677510548711.png

You can also use the gauge visual which looks pretty nice for percentages. Just create a measure = 1 for the max value. And you can use a CALCULATE function to get the total tasks "done" and then divide by the countrows function above.

Countrow = COUNTROWS('Table')

= DIVIDE(CALCULATE([Countrow],table[Column1]="Done"),[Countrow],0)

novicepbixer_0-1677512576653.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.