Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

devikak

Help!

Hi,

I am trying to make a presentation on power bi. I am stuck at a point where one of my rows mentions priority 1,2,3 and 4 and they all correspond with a specific country.

My question is that how to I get the total/count, of say priority 3 while corresponding with united kingdom? Bear in mind, the priority column and country column is different.

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

It sounds like you need to use two slicers, one for country column and one for priority column.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi devilkak,

Would you please share some data example here?

If the purpose here is to get the total or the count value of Priority 3 of special country, then we could create two Slicers as smoupre suggested, if the country and the Priority are on the same table.

Otherwise,  we should manage table relationship to make the Slicer workable.

If you would like to have a calculated measure to only show the total (or count) value, then we need to do some DAX calculation, which would the data sample to generate the correct DAX expression.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi devilkak,

Would you please share some data example here?

If the purpose here is to get the total or the count value of Priority 3 of special country, then we could create two Slicers as smoupre suggested, if the country and the Priority are on the same table.

Otherwise,  we should manage table relationship to make the Slicer workable.

If you would like to have a calculated measure to only show the total (or count) value, then we need to do some DAX calculation, which would the data sample to generate the correct DAX expression.

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

It sounds like you need to use two slicers, one for country column and one for priority column.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.