Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BillWalker
Regular Visitor

Help producing a single value from a calculated column

Hello PowerBI People!

I'm running into what I think should be straightforward, but I've been struggling with it for over a week and thouhgt I would turn to the experts. Now, this works in a simple single table .pbix, I think the issue is when I get into a situation where I have multiple tables and relationships defined. I'm trying to take the results of a calculated column and place that into a card. I think what I'm running into is a context problem, but I can't figure out how to solve for it.

Is there a DAX expression I can write (or copy) that will take the selection from a slicer and use that as the row context and then return me a specific value from that row?

Here is my source table:

BillWalker_0-1665692523615.png

If a user selects ACME, I want a card that shows "Yes" and if a user selects Inc Inc, I want a card that shows "No. Again, this works with a simple single table, how can I provide correct row/table context in a DAX expression where multiple tables and relationships exist?

1 REPLY 1
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

you would need to share your model to understand where there problem lies.   It all depends on how your model is hooked up to as why you not getting what you want.   What is the problem you are experiencing, you have not mentioned the problem or what result you are getting vs also providing what you are expecting to get.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.