Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ppdas2112
Helper I
Helper I

Get Table visual row count when selecting fields using Fields Parameter

Hi Power BI experts, hope you are doing well!

I have a Table visual on my dashboard, the columns/fields for which are selected using a Fields Parameter slicer. So, the number of rows change dynamically based on the selection of Fields, of different granularity, in the Fields Parameter slicer.

How can I create dynamic row counts measure for this Table visual? Kindly help!! 

Please consider this dataset: https://data.ok.gov/dataset/dd1ecf41-4abc-4886-ab0f-b84d7662d8d4/resource/6fe771bd-a705-4fce-b12f-d0...

if we select just FISCAL_YEAR in Fields Parameter slicer, the Table visual will show just 1 row. But if we select both FISCAL_YEAR and ACCOUNTING_PERIOD in Fields Parameter, the number of rows will b 4 on the Table visual. How to capture this changing Row Count in a measure?

@amitchandak @Ritaf1983 @Ahmedx @lbendlin @Ashish_Mathur @Greg_Deckler @johnt75 @NaveenGandhi @ryan_mayu @MFelix @DOLEARY85 @Kishore_KVN @Idrissshatila @Syk @vicky_ @Jihwan_Kim @barritown @ddpl @ppm1 @danextian @nvprasad @parry2k 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ppdas2112
Helper I
Helper I
3 REPLIES 3
ppdas2112
Helper I
Helper I
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @ppdas2112 ,

As always, please post a sample  (that we can copy paste in Enter Data) data and your expected result.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

https://data.ok.gov/dataset/dd1ecf41-4abc-4886-ab0f-b84d7662d8d4/resource/6fe771bd-a705-4fce-b12f-d0... 

Hi @danextian  , I am using a Table visual. Take the above data as example. If we just select FISCAL_YEAR in the Fields Parameter slicer, the number of rows in the Table will be much lower compared to if we take both FISCAL_YEAR and ACCOUNTING_PERIOD. How do we capture that changing row count basis our selection in Fields Parameter slicer in a measure?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.