Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DW868990
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic grid with small multiples

Hi,

An open question - and I am sure this is not possible with the native visuals at present - but if anybody can point me in a direction of custom visual (Deneb etc)/workaround it would be much appreciated.

Basically I am looking to having dynamic grids for small multiples, so if only 4 products are selected, only 4 would show, and the grid would automatically increase or decrease in size dependant on the number of products selected.

I have done some research and as of yet not come across anything near to a solution.

Any help appreciated, thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
vs_7
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

HI @DW868990 
check the steps out

Power BI's native visuals do not inherently support dynamically resizing grids for small multiples based on the number of selected items. However, you can explore a few workarounds and consider custom visuals for achieving a similar effect. Please note that the Power BI ecosystem evolves, and new features may have been introduced since then.

Here are some options you can explore:

1. Custom Visuals:

• You can consider using custom visuals like Deneb, Charticulator, or custom-developed visuals to build a more dynamic grid layout.
    • These custom visuals may provide greater flexibility in terms of layout and responsiveness.
  2. Matrix Visual with Conditional Formatting:

• Use the Matrix visual and apply conditional formatting to dynamically hide or show rows/columns based on the number of products selected.
    • You can use DAX measures or calculated columns to control the visibility of rows/columns in the Matrix based on your selection.
  3. Paginated Report in Power BI Report Server:

• If you have Power BI Report Server, you can create paginated reports (RDL) that offer more precise control over layout.
    • In paginated reports, you can create tables that expand or shrink based on data, but it's a separate type of report from standard Power BI reports.
  4. Power BI Templates:

• Consider using Power BI templates where you can preset layouts for specific numbers of products, and users can choose the appropriate template based on their selection.
  5. Javascript/Custom Development:

• If you have the technical skills, you might explore building a custom solution using JavaScript in Power BI custom visuals or embedding Power BI reports into a web application where you have more control over layout

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.