Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic RLS with USERNAME()

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue using USERNAME() to create a dynamic RLS. Below is the link to my PBIX.

Dynamic RLS.pbix

I am puzzled as to why I can't get the dynamic  RLS to function. If you can give me a friendly nudge, I would greatly appreciate it.

Luis

quipmaster_0-1681000014789.png

quipmaster_1-1681000044501.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it to work.

Watch out for the quotation marks.

By default, the DAX will be [Username] = "USERNAME()"

To work properly, the DAX should be [Username] = USERNAME()

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
koushikcs09

Maintaining data security has become a crucial requirement for businesses today, especially when dealing with BI reporting. With the increasing number of roles involved in data access, managing row-level security (RLS) has become a complex task. In order to provide secure and filtered data access to each role, businesses need to establish a set of filtering dimensions that would be applied to each role. These dimensions could range from profit centers to sales organizations or even trader/buyer codes. The challenge is to create a system that effectively manages these dimensions for each role and ensures their automatic application when users log into each report. Therefore, the question arises - how can businesses create an efficient RLS system that provides secure and filtered data access to each role, without compromising on the performance of BI reporting?

jiaopengzi
Frequent Visitor

You can use the tool I developed to manage RLS. The connection between dynamically decoupled RLS and PBIX can be directly managed externally.

The tool supports both Chinese and English.

Tool URL:https://github.com/jiaopengzi/pbi-utils

jiaopengzi_0-1681009936262.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it to work.

Watch out for the quotation marks.

By default, the DAX will be [Username] = "USERNAME()"

To work properly, the DAX should be [Username] = USERNAME()

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.