Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ehaider
Frequent Visitor

Date and time difference excluding non business hours

Hi All, I've one query, I've two dates like start date is 10/01/2022 09:06:03 and end date is 30/01/2022 06:05:01 and I need time difference that should excludes:

- Non working Hrs like here working hrs is starts 09:00:00 and ends 17:00:00

- Weekoff Sat and Sun

- Holidays - 20/01/2022

Please help me out.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is much more complex than you may expect.  You have to account for all kinds of corner cases (for example when the clock starts on a work day but before 9am or after 5pm etc).

Here is a sample implementation that returns the resulting day fractions.  You can multiply the sum by 24 to arrive at the hours, or leave as is and interpret as duration.

The sample implementation is a proof of concept - you would have to provide a couple more test intervals to see how this could look like in production.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Where would you like to do that, in Power Query or in DAX?  Are you aware of the NETWORKDAYS() function in DAX?

You also need to define what should happen if your interval starts or ends on a non-workday  (in your example Janary 30 is a sunday). Should the hours still count or should they be ignored?

Thanks for Picking my query:

I've got the duration in HH:MM:SS format in Power Query with below query. but unable to calculation on Matrix Visual, However it given result in Power query.

HH:MM:SS - Resolution time (hrs) New =
VAR MTTR = 'Task Acceptance P1-P2-P3-P4'[Resolution time (hrs) New]
VAR Hours = TRUNC ( MTTR )
VAR MinSec = FORMAT ( MAX ( MTTR - Hours, 0 ) / 24, ":nn:ss" )
RETURN
IF ( NOT ISBLANK ( MTTR ), Hours & MinSec )

it is taking zero in Matrix Visual. 

ehaider_0-1669532708853.png

This is much more complex than you may expect.  You have to account for all kinds of corner cases (for example when the clock starts on a work day but before 9am or after 5pm etc).

Here is a sample implementation that returns the resulting day fractions.  You can multiply the sum by 24 to arrive at the hours, or leave as is and interpret as duration.

The sample implementation is a proof of concept - you would have to provide a couple more test intervals to see how this could look like in production.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.