Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Cumulative Total Per Hour

Hello again

Sorry for the inconvenience, I have another question, I have a total of consultations in a period of one month, let's say 1000, however, at the end of that time, I need to know how many consultations were closed at 8 in the morning?, how many at 9 am., plus those at 8 am?, How many at 10 am, considering the one at 9am and the one at 8am? and so on every hour until 8 p.m. and represent them on a bar chart.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

In advance I thank you for your attention

Best regards

In advance thank you very much

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin @Adee_7 

You can create a measure to filter the table in a time period and then count the rows,

e.g.

measure= 

var _timeStart= use function to get your time start

var _timeEnd= use function to get your time end

return

calculate(countrow('table'),filter(all('table'),'table'[time]<= _timeEnd && 'table'[time]>= _timeStart))

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good afternoon, I am trying to implement the solution they are providing me but I do not understand very well this part, where they tell me:

var _timeStart= use the function to get your time started

var _timeEnd= use the function to get the end of your time

Could you explain to me what functions are you referring to? o How can I create them? I as I tell you I have a catalog of the hours between 8 in the morning and 20:00 hrs but I do not understand very well How can I call it through a function? I hope you can support me with that. In advance I thank you infinitely

Best regards

Hi @Syndicate_Admin  @Adee_7 

The function needs to be customized according to your model.

Usually we need information below, could you provide it? Thanks

(1) a sample file, you can replace raw data with bogus data to protect your privacy.

or provide some sample data that fully covers your issue/question.

(2) give your expected result based on the sample you provide.

Kindly note: Please ensure the data in sample is concise and representative.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello!!

I generated the file, but when I try to upload it it sends me this error:

Adee_7_0-1645124164541.png

Can you tell me how can I share them?

The other way I came up with is by taking screenshots...

These are my data:

Adee_7_1-1645124363087.png

My lookup table

Adee_7_2-1645124400908.png

My Catalog of hours

Adee_7_3-1645124445699.png

How to show my cumulative closing agreement with the range of hours (this I generated manually, for the example)

Adee_7_4-1645124602242.png

As you can see my graph (All the hours mark me 13, because it is the total of queries I have, but it does not report the cumulative sum of closures per day)

As you should see... Increasing from 0 which is how you start the account to 13 which is the total of my queries

Thank you very much for everything, I am attentive to your comments

Best regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , Create a date time in your table with hour only

date hour = datevalue([Datetime]) +time( hour([Datetime]),0,0)

then a measure like

calculate(sum(Table[value]), filter(allselected(Table[Datehour]), Table[datehour]<= max(Table[Datehour]) ) )

Refers to Create a table,

ENilox_0-1671508934235.png
You will create a table like this.

ENilox_1-1671509008657.png

Then you have to format the Column (hours).

ENilox_2-1671509068031.png

After that you will be ready to create the measurement.

AcumHoras =
WHERE CALCULATE =
CALCULATE(
COUNTROWS(
TablaX
)
,FILTER(ALL(TablaX)
,TablaX[Time] <= .MAX(TablaHoras[Hours])
)
)
RETURN CALCULATE

Slds.

Thank you for answering me @Syndicate_Admin, I have been trying to implement it, but there is something that I do not understand very well, you tell me that I have to create a table with the date and from there extract the time, I in the information I have, I have a column where the closing hours are. At the time of applying the code I would have something similar to this:

Acumulado = CALCULATE(SUM('consultas consultas[statuscerrados]), FILTER(ALL('consultas consultas'),'consultas consultas'[hora_cierre] <= max ('consultas consultas'[hora_cierre])))

If I put it in my graph everything gives me 1 😥 and well that is not the correct result, for example between 9 and 10, there should be 647

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, will anyone have any news with the latest I said?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.