Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

patri0t82
Post Patron
Post Patron

Creating a Measure - RIF based on Injury Counts and Hours

Hello, there is a metric in the world of industry called RIF (Recordable Injury Frequency), which is the count of injuries * 200,000 divided by the sum of workforce hours for the same particular period.

I would like to create a measure that (based on selections), will calculate the RIF.

I have two tables in the attached file. 'Recordable' and 'Hours'. I would like to be able to find the RIF for any particular operating area based on injuries that include "Lost Time", "Medical Aid", "Modified Duty" and "Fatality".

As a side request, I will also be attempting to combine some companies (for example, Group1 and Group2 will be called TeamA) and I would like to find their RIF as well.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/149AdW0is2UngroFM0kfXpFQ2wznEf4sJ/view?usp=sharing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @patri0t82,

You can try to use the following measure expression if it meets your requirement:

Measure = 
VAR summary =
    SUMMARIZE (
        Hours,
        [Month / Year],
        [Operating Area],
        "workhour", SUM ( Hours[Hours] ),
        "injury",
            CALCULATE (
                COUNT ( Recordable[Recordable Injury] ),
                FILTER (
                    ALLSELECTED ( Recordable ),
                    Recordable[Recordable Injury] <> ""
                        && Recordable[Incident Date] = EARLIER ( Hours[Month / Year] )
                        && Recordable[Operating Area] = EARLIER ( Hours[Operating Area] )
                )
            )
    )
RETURN
    AVERAGEX ( summary, DIVIDE ( [injury] * 200000, [workhour] ) )

4.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @patri0t82,

You can try to use the following measure expression if it meets your requirement:

Measure = 
VAR summary =
    SUMMARIZE (
        Hours,
        [Month / Year],
        [Operating Area],
        "workhour", SUM ( Hours[Hours] ),
        "injury",
            CALCULATE (
                COUNT ( Recordable[Recordable Injury] ),
                FILTER (
                    ALLSELECTED ( Recordable ),
                    Recordable[Recordable Injury] <> ""
                        && Recordable[Incident Date] = EARLIER ( Hours[Month / Year] )
                        && Recordable[Operating Area] = EARLIER ( Hours[Operating Area] )
                )
            )
    )
RETURN
    AVERAGEX ( summary, DIVIDE ( [injury] * 200000, [workhour] ) )

4.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Thank you very much for the solution, it's accomplishing what I hoped it would.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.