Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert matrix table to clustered column chart

Hello,

I'd like to set up a clustered column chart to show the changes in target duration from this current fiscal year compared to the previous fiscal year. 

eli_n_0-1662573825562.png

There are 5 work order categories with different target duration times. I'd like to display this in a column chart with the Work orders desccription on the X axis and the columns representing target durations for FY21/22 vs FY22/23. However, my target duration values are aggregating and showing the count for each target duration category. Is there a way to mimic the values shown on my matrix to a clustered column chart.

Something like the below (without aggregating values)

eli_n_1-1662574024670.png

My two target duration columns are set to Text format and are not summarized.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can either:

a) Change the field type in Power Query or table view to whole number

PQ.gif

b) if you need the values as text for other purposes, you can convert the text field to a number using a measure:

Text as number measure = 
VALUE(MAX('Table'[Filed as text]))

measure.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous , How is your data structured? I tried to replicate based on the information provided and was able to get the below result just by turning the matrix into a clustered column chart.

johncolley_0-1662597258415.png

Is this your desired end result? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @johncolley , yes that is exactly the result I'm trying to acheive!  When I try to convert my matrix to a clustered column chart, the target values move to the tooltips section. When I try to move them to the "values" section, that is when it aggregates to show the count of the values.

I have two seperate columns for these target values and currently set up as "text" data type.

eli_n_0-1662651405796.png

You can either:

a) Change the field type in Power Query or table view to whole number

PQ.gif

b) if you need the values as text for other purposes, you can convert the text field to a number using a measure:

Text as number measure = 
VALUE(MAX('Table'[Filed as text]))

measure.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That worked perfectly. I had tried to change the data type to a whole number previously in my data table, but I guess I had to change it directly from power query. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.