Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vgeldbr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional formatting of a Slicer background

I wish to have a slicer background change colour to make it really obvious when there is a slicer value selected. I have created the measure:

Slicer Color 2 = 
IF( 
    ISFILTERED ('ITRDB Daily_Projects_NonConfidential'[ProjectStatus]), "#AEB6BF", "#FFFFFF"
  )

I then apply conditional format for the slicer background using the measure above.

2021-03-30_18-25-14.png

However, the background of the slicer never changes. I have tested the same condition using the same measure on a card visual and it works perfectly. Anybody have any experience/thoughts?

2021-03-30_18-27-59.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @amitchandak . I've opted simply to put a conditionally formatted shape behind the slicer to achieve a similar effect. This works.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ColinRE
Frequent Visitor

This is painful. 1700 views later. I wonder if using the value from the slicer to feed the conditional coloring cannot be evaluated on itself? 

I believe its futile, because the slicer does not recognise row context on itself, so when you choose a value, it cant tell if the selected value of the slicer is filtered or not. 

It's a sad state of affairs. File this one under pure neglect. 

PBI_Queryous
Advocate I
Advocate I

Two years later and this issue (and it's a pretty important issue) hasn't been addressed in the slightest. Rather disappointing.

The filter pane changes colour when you select and item, why can't we have the same functionality with slicers? Is there anyone here that is interested in the User Experience? No?...

...Just us then

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vgeldbr , I remember I logged an issue for this in past. If you trying to set color for the slicer for which you are filtering it will not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak: Creating a shape with formatted background for each slicer is a pain - did you ever recieve a response on your loggin? Regards, Henrik

Thanks @amitchandak . I've opted simply to put a conditionally formatted shape behind the slicer to achieve a similar effect. This works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.