Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DHB
Helper V
Helper V

Conditionally Format Bar Colour Within a Small Multiple

Hi all,

I’m not sure if what I’m trying to do is possible.  I have a line and column chart that uses countries as small multiples. 

What I’d like to do is conditionally format the colours of the bars within each small multiple so that not all the bars in ‘1’ are green because they have the highest totals compared to every other country anyway.

DHB_0-1698812654141.png

And the first few bars in ‘3’ should be red and the last couple should be bright green.  Like this;

DHB_1-1698812654143.png

Any tips are gratefully received.  Even if you tell me it’s not possible that’ll save me a lot of time.

Thank you!!

DHB

5 REPLIES 5
DHB
Helper V
Helper V

All good, thanks @Uzi2019 

Hi @DHB 
The solution your looking is not quite possible please accept this solution to close this thread so other people may find it helpful.

Thanks!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @DHB 
Please refer this video for gradient color formatting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eop1HsBjWwo

And for conditional formatting only in Red and Green color please refer this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdQmcUZATs

If my post helps pleae give kudos and accept it as a solution!
Thanks

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

I've used conditional formatting and gradients as you can see in the screen shots but I want to get it to apply within small multiples.  So that #3 looks like the second picture and not how it is in the first.  To get it that way in the second picture I filtered to one country but I need to show all countries as small multiples.

Hi @DHB 
I got your point. 
I have checked, Unfortunetly there is no such setting available under small multiple. The solution you are looking for is not quite possible. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.