Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analyst_1991
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting: no data bars option

Good day all!

I want to add conditional formatting to my table visual in Desktop, but for some reason there is no option for data bars? The fields I've tested are all whole numbers and/or decimal numbers. I also tried going via the "Cell elements" option under visual formatting, but no luck. What am I missing?

Analyst_1991_0-1677598421994.png  Analyst_1991_1-1677598451675.png

I am using Desktop Version: 2.114.803.0 64-bit (February 2023)

Any tips or guidance will be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Arul

While creating an example for you, I found that the field has to be aggregated for data bars to be an option under conditional formatting:

Analyst_1991_0-1677601051760.png

Analyst_1991_1-1677601124053.png

However, after switching to aggregated values and adding the data bars, I removed the aggregation and the data bars remained. Guess that's a workaround.

Thank you for your interest!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Analyst_1991
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Terp - no problem, I am happy to help! Hoping others will also post their solutions 🙂

Arul
Super User
Super User

@Analyst_1991 ,

For what field in the list are you looking for? Can you also share the datatype of that particular field?

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Hi Arul

While creating an example for you, I found that the field has to be aggregated for data bars to be an option under conditional formatting:

Analyst_1991_0-1677601051760.png

Analyst_1991_1-1677601124053.png

However, after switching to aggregated values and adding the data bars, I removed the aggregation and the data bars remained. Guess that's a workaround.

Thank you for your interest!

Bless you! I struggled to find a solution and hoped they didn't remove 'data bars' in columns when everything was rearranged/restructured in the core...went column to column to ensure everything was set to 'SUM' in my data table, but for whatever reason, at the visual/element level, it still showed as don't summarize...toggeled it and voila...data bars were back. 🙂

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I would have never dug into this and found a solution, but for your post. Thanks again! 

Missing bars:

MIA Databars.jpg

missing from column controls.jpg

Toggled SUM and the world was good again:

data bars back.jpg

top-5-visited-data-bars.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.