Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

karinafreitass
Helper III
Helper III

Check Duplicates Values

Hi guys,

I have a table called "flancamento" and I would like to find duplicate rows.

I thought of a solution that would return duplicate values ​​in a new column.

Screenshot (148).png

Then I am creating a calculated column  and I am using the following function, but maybe I need to add more parameters:

Duplicados = IF(
                      COUNTROWS(
                               FILTER(fLancamento,fLancamento[Lançamento]=
                                         EARLIER(fLancamento[Lançamento])))>1,1,BLANK()

)

How could I achieve this result?

Thanks,

Karina

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karinafreitass ,

You can achieve it using Power Query or create a calculated column to achieve it, please find all details in the following blogs.

Identify Duplicates Using Power Query

Identify duplicates and show up records

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@karinafreitass , Your formula seems fine. Hope you are creating a new column.

You can have new column like

if( countx(filter(fLancamento,fLancamento[Lançamento] =EARLIER(fLancamento[Lançamento])),fLancamento[Lançamento]) >1 , 1, blank())

New measure like

if( countx(filter(allselected(fLancamento),fLancamento[Lançamento] =EARLIER(fLancamento[Lançamento])),fLancamento[Lançamento]) >1 , 1, blank())

Please provide your feedback comments and advice for new videos
Tutorial Series Dax Vs SQL Direct Query PBI Tips
Appreciate your Kudos.

CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, @karinafreitass , you might want to try this measure in a calculated column

RESULT = IF ( CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( flancamento ), ALL ( flancamento[Index] ) ) > 1, "Duplicated" )

flancamento[Index] is the first column in your dataset with cardinal numbers 1, 2, 3 ...

Screenshot 2020-10-19 022817.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

@CNENFRNL

@amitchandak

Thanks for help.

I've identified a problem. In the visual (table) I identified that the power Bi is generating duplicity as 1 record only and is making the sum of the values. So there's not going to be duplicate values, and that's not cool.

I need to identify if there are duplicate records in the entire row

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.