Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashrafkotb
Helper I
Helper I

Legends show as separate lines

Hello,

I'm trying to plot a simple line chart with legends, pretty much like the below example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOWyeIvpM2s

However, when I plot mine, the legends show as three separate lines, rather than colouring the same line with the different legend colours. Any clue what I might be doing wrong? 

C1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DanielPozo
Frequent Visitor

What happens is that in the example video, the categories occupy different years. Therefore, in the same year the Historical or Forecast category does not occur.

In your example the categories are present at the same time in some X-axis data, so when you place the legend you will see 3 different lines.

If you want to get the same video view, you must ensure that your data does not repeat the same categories for an X-axis data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ashrafkotb , legend means three different lines.  It will look like one line only when it does have overlapping data

DanielPozo
Frequent Visitor

What happens is that in the example video, the categories occupy different years. Therefore, in the same year the Historical or Forecast category does not occur.

In your example the categories are present at the same time in some X-axis data, so when you place the legend you will see 3 different lines.

If you want to get the same video view, you must ensure that your data does not repeat the same categories for an X-axis data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.