Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot sort Table Visual using indexed column and custom sort

DataLedAnalysis_0-1662383610775.png

I made the table above (via Enter Data), named ReferenceTable, that connects ReferenceTable[Status] to DataTable[Status]. Want to sort my visual table in order prescribed in the above image.

DataTableDataTable

I selected Sort By Column using DataTable[Status]. However, when I looked at visuals the order is unaffected (see image below).

DataLedAnalysis_2-1662383873831.png

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you have a dimension table (as you have) for Status, and there is a single one-to-many relationship between the ReferenceTable[Status] and the DataTable[Status], you don't need the DataTable[RankLookup] field.

All you need to do is sort the ReferenceTable[Status] column by the ReferenceTable[Rank] column in the table view. Next create your visual using the ReferenceTable[Status] column and the measure

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Make sure rank lookup is used as sort column for status and visual is sorted on status

Sort Month Year.png

How to Create Sort Column and Solve Related Errors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1zu4MBb-c

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.