Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

melfisch

Calculated Columns

I'm trying to study this module:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/model-data-power-bi/4-optimize-data-models

I completed the previous module regarding calculated columns. But I'm struggling to figure out how to create a calculated column that will get me the same results in the above module's images. Right now every bar has the same number. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @melfisch 

If every bar has the same number, it may have to do with the relationships in your Data Model.  Have you looked at the relationships to ensure they are structured properly from your Date table to the Fact table?

All the best.

Theo 

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @melfisch 

If every bar has the same number, it may have to do with the relationships in your Data Model.  Have you looked at the relationships to ensure they are structured properly from your Date table to the Fact table?

All the best.

Theo 

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Thank you for your suggestion. It was exactly what I needed to set me on the right path. Very much appreciated.

Great to hear @melfisch! All the best with your studies and Power BI journey!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.